The Administrative Council for Union Hill agreed upon the Protocol for In Person Worship which began on Sunday, June 14th at 10:30 am. Thank you for your patience and grace during this time of social distancing. The United Methodist Church Conference has moved to allow live worship services while maintaining social distancing guidelines. We are excited to reopen the sanctuary for worship! We ask that you honor the Lord and your church family, by following this protocol, and remain patient as we walk through this process together.
Protocol for In Person Worship
- The seating arrangement will temporarily be every other pew per family unit, maintaining the 6 ft. social distancing rule. The “Family Unit” is understood as those who are in the immediate family.
- Children must be with an adult family member or guardian at all times in worship. The nursery will be open for emergency child care. There will be no nursery staff on duty, and all toys will be removed from the nursery during this time. The children will need to be attended by adult members of the family unit they are from.
- No personal physical contact (this includes hugging, kissing, handshaking, etc.) with anyone not in your personal family unit.
- Enter through the front automatic doors and straight into the sanctuary middle aisle. To exit the sanctuary, exit through the side aisles and doorways, and then out the double doors into the parking lot. Each row will be dismissed by Pastor Larry.
- While in the church building, masks are strongly suggested, along with maintaining proper social distancing of 6 ft between family units. Those with temperatures over 100, and other flu symptoms, are asked to please stay home.
- All other classrooms, upstairs and downstairs are off limits until further notice. The Fellowship Hall, Prayer Chapel and Kitchen are off limits. No other doors are to be used to enter or exit the church building.
- There will be no greeters handing out bulletins. Instead there will be tables on both sides of the doors leading into the sanctuary with bulletins. You are required to sanitize hands before touching the resources on the table. During the week of communion, there will also be individually wrapped communion cups and wafers on the tables.
- The A/V booth in the back of the sanctuary is off limits to everyone except the two volunteers.
- All Bibles, hymnals, pencils, etc. will be removed temporarily, and everything will appear on the screen. Personal Bibles are permitted and encouraged.
- Collecting of Tithes and Offerings will be done as the congregants exit out the side doors of the sanctuary, into collection baskets.
- Temporarily the children’s message will be given to the children from where they are sitting with the family unit. Also, temporarily, there will be no children’s church.
- The sanctuary and all high-touch areas must be cleaned and sanitized after each Sunday service.
Also, until further notice, no larger groups can rent or use the fellowship hall.
The Administrative Board continues to actively work on getting prepared to meet the needs of the congregation. Please be in prayer and be patient as we work through this process. Please know that this is all for the safety of our congregation and we are not taking this lightly. We truly covet your prayers.
If you have any questions or concerns, the church office is open regular office hours. You may call or email.